Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back to the Traffic

Palm trees, beautiful weather, movie stars and beaches. That's how someone views Los Angeles who doesn't live here. Those of us who do live in Los Angeles...Gary Busey, high taxes, smog and traffic.

Traffic is ridiculous. The 10 Freeway is absurd. Last night I drove to Alhambra from Ontario for a family function. That in itself was a journey. Probably took me 45 minutes. While in Alhambra, I decided to visit a friend. I stayed until 10pm and decided to start my 35 mile journey home.

The underlying moral of this story is always pee when you get the chance. I should have peed at my friends house. His cat sleeps in the restroom though. His cat also attacks humans. Therefore, Jason doesn't want to get attacked in the restroom. So I decided to hold it and drove home. It usually only takes 30 minutes. No big deal.

I get on the on-ramp and its already bumper to bumper traffic. I'm used to this though. They've been working on the 10 FWY near Rosemead for awhile now. It's that not that bad...I'll just stick through it. After 30 minutes of that I'm on my way. My need to pee that this point is elevated so I drive a bit faster than usual. I wasn't worried because it was clear sailing from that point on. Or so I thought.

As I reached Pomona, traffic suddenly screeched to a sudden halt. I figured there was an accident or something. I was in the fast lane. It was near impossible to get to the off ramp. I decided to stick through it again.

Another 30 minutes went by and I hardly moved. My bladder situation had worsened since my brain let my bladder know, I was nowhere close to a restroom. I decided right then and there that I needed to get off the freeway. I took a look to the slower lanes to try and get in and then I saw it.

A DeLorean fixed up to look like the Time Machine from the Back to the Future movies. What the hell? I took a double take. The slower lanes were moving faster so I wasn't able to get my cell phone out to take a picture. Marty McFly was stuck in traffic with me?! I wondered if it was a condition of being stuck in traffic for so long while having to pee. Was this a mirage?

I hustled my way in to the slower lanes and skipped the exits, trying to find this vehicle. On my quest I noticed a sign on the freeway. Road Work Ahead. Really? Another traffic jam caused by road work? I never found that car..but I did find out that it was a stupid idea to not go pee.

As I progressed, the off-ramps were closed. Its never a good idea to close three lanes on a four lane freeway. After another half-hour of bladder holding madness, I finally got through it. I also wondered if other people had to pee as well, because once we got passed the blockade, everyone took off like it was lap 1 of the Indy 500.

My bladder was starting to hurt now and I had to squeeze my legs for good measure. Usually this sensation only happens with pre-drinking before a long drive to a party. Ahem...as a passenger of course.

The good news is that I didn't piss myself. I swear I saw the Back to the Future car on the freeway. I only wished I could have had a photo of it.

UPDATE: My cousin saw the Delorean too. On the 91 Freeway. Here is a picture:

3 comments:

  1. hahha I really feel for you having to pee in traffic. I learned my lesson though and always pee before I leave even if I don't think I need to!

    and that is an awesome car. that guy probably gets so many chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! It's funny that you mention Gary Busey because he's the only 'celebrity' I saw while I was there.

    We have a sort of famous car around these woods, but it's no where near as cool as the fucking Delorean. It's a van covered in creepy all things related Jesus. We call it the Jesus van, we are not very creative here in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! All of it. Bladder control. ha

    ReplyDelete