Friday, June 11, 2010

I Think I Hate You Mr. Gates

I've always been a PC guy. When I watch those "I'm a Mac" commercials with Justin Long, I tend to laugh because its retarded. Also, I think of the night me and my drunk friends saw Justin Long at a bar in LA and punked him for well over an hour.

Due to my laptop's screen burning out towards the end of '08, I decided to buy a desktop computer. At the time Vista was the new thing and I was forced to purchase a computer that came with Vista pre-installed.

The major problem with Vista is that it's not compatible with older games/programs that ran fine with Windows XP. Also, it's almost as if the Windows Vista software is self aware and knows itself to be unstable. Since I starting using it, it would constantly ask me if I wanted to create a back-up drive. I always thought...I'll wait. Well, much like those mail-in rebates from Best Buy I tend to never send in, I never created a back-up drive.

Judgment Day occurred on Friday, June 4th at approximately 11pm. My MP3 player, which I've now named Agent Smith, caused a glitch in my computer. Who knows why it happened. I've had that MP3 player for over five months with no issues.

This is actually pretty devastating to me, considering all the side projects I was currently working on. Creating music, writing lyrics/screenplays is something I did as a hobby. I had a lot of stuff. Incomplete stuff, but stuff none the less. Now all is LOST with no true explanation. Much like the TV show.

Unless Mr. Bill Gates knocks on my door with a free copy of Windows 7, I think I'm going to switch to Apple for my next computer.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Lost reference thrown in there! I think most of my blogs since the end of the show, have had at least one. Oops, obsessed! If I were Justin, I probably would have been a complete dick to you and your obnoxious friends. :)He's doing a movie with Drew, looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah I'll probably be the next to suffer from my not backing up. when I first started using computers they were always macs. but then my dad no longer provided me with computers so now I have an acer. I liked macs better except when they bombed. but even then, I never lost anything.

    ReplyDelete