Friday, October 16, 2009

Go Dodgers?

The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city.
By fire he will destroy their city,
A cold and cruel heart,
Blood will pour,
Mercy to none.

-Nostradamus

What you just read was a prediction of the future written by Nostradamus back in the year 1550. As many of his other predictions, it is very vague and left open for interpretation. After going to Game 1 of the NLCS, I have concluded that Nostradamus was predicting about what would happen to the city of Los Angeles if the Dodgers were to win the World Series in 2009.

On June 14, 2009, the Los Angeles Lakers won their 15th NBA championship in dominating fashion. Fans flocked to the Staples Center to celebrate...and by celebrate I mean riot. Lakers fans looted stores, destroyed busses and set things on fire. Pretty much everything the vikings did back in the 10th century. Apparently the average IQ of a Lakers fan is on the jersey of Kobe Bryant. I'm not saying all Lakers fans are stupid, I'm just saying that there are a majority of mentally challenged fans that bring down that average. Sadly, I believe the Dodgers have that exact same fan base.

The people I worry about are like Jose here on the left. He's at a Lakers celebration, wearing a Dodgers jersey, participating in some sort of spiritual burning-of-the-branch-if-your-team-won-the-championship ritual. If you look closely he's flashing some sort of gang sign. I think Jose is trying to tell us something. Perhaps a warning of things to come.

I am actually wanting a Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Los Angeles Angels (of Anaheim) World Series. I believe it will help Los Angeles' failing economy, plus be damn good baseball. I just fear the destruction this freeway series may bring. It would be epic. I could see it looking like a Roland Emmerich movie. If you don't know who he is, he directed movies such as Indepedence Day, Godzilla, The Day After Tomorrow and the upcoming 2012. The man loves his destruction. Unfortunately so do Lakers/Dodgers fans.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. If the Dodgers win, the city of LA will have to shut down and the governor will have to declare the city a Natural Disaster and a State of Emergency will be issued.

    If the Dodgers do win, this will be over 20 years in waiting so all the Mexican Dodger fans will be wide away and take a day off of work for this. In 20 years, a Mexican Dodger fan of the 80s would have already 12 kids by now, with all of the kids being Dodger fans. Now multiply that by a million.

    The Korean supermarkets will have to chain their doors, and people will have to lock up their homes with shotguns.

    If this day happens, and I hope it does because I am a Dodger fan, you better Think Blue or Jose is to be out to get ya.

    I'm not a racist, all of my Mexican friends also agree with me. Just ask my friend Jose...and I just really love Taco Trucks.

    Go Dodgers

    ReplyDelete